Address
304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124

Work Hours
Monday to Friday: 7AM - 7PM
Weekend: 10AM - 5PM

Empowering Education, Transforming Lives

Welcome to the International Professors Project (IPP)

IPP’s exchange network changes lives by facilitating connections between professors, students, NGOs, nonprofits, and university departments worldwide. We place a particular emphasis on advancing higher education in the developing world.

IPP Core Services

IPP’s core services for assisting professors, students, university projects, NGO/NPO are : Interconnections and CPR: consults, promotions and recruiting, occurring within an exchange network.

Consult

Our consulting work includes offering basic assistance to developing world professors, students, NGOs, and nonprofits. Our consulting capability ranges from interconnection strategies to problem-solving and disseminating information.

Promote

Our promotion work consists of connecting individuals to the academic causes they care most about. We promote, encourage, and foster collaboration on a range of important projects, mostly on social group sites.

Recruit

We recruit relevant experts for our clients and volunteers to staff our organization. We offer many of our volunteers the chance to develop a new skill or try out a new role.

Professors to the World

We Make Connections

IPP changes lives by helping professors, students, nongovernmental organizations, nonprofit organizations and university departments across the world to connect and collaborate.

International Professors Project

The International Professors Project (IPP) is an exchange network working to meet higher education needs in emerging and developing countries.

How We Work

IPP promotes the development and growth of educational initiatives throughout the developing world by:

Recent Updates

Education and the Fundamentals of Blocked Drains

The Ins and Outs of Blocked Drains

An in-depth education in plumbing systems and how they work can go a long way for individuals who are curious about blocked drains. The reality is that drain blockages are in no way an uncommon problem. Thankfully, the sooner you’re able to identify a blocked drain, the sooner you’ll be able to find a drain blockage service in Gillingham to unblock it, so you can resume your normal day-to-day existence.

How Can You Identify a Drain That Needs Prompt Unblocking?

Educating yourself in the typical signs of a drain that’s in need of unblocking may stop any situation from spiralling out of control. What are some common indicators of a blocked drain, anyway? If you have a blocked drain on your hands, you may detect some awful and persistent odours. These odours may be the consequence of organic matter and food getting trapped inside of pipes and beginning the inevitable decomposition process.

Slow drainage is another frustrating sign of a drain that’s in serious need of unblocking work. If you observe that the water in your toilet, sink and bathtub just isn’t draining as rapidly as it did before, that most likely denotes a degree of blockage. Note, too, that failure to drain completely is possible. This failure is in many cases a sign of a particularly severe blockage crisis.

Look closely at the water levels inside your toilet. As noted before, if your toilet has been recently draining in a bizarrely sluggish manner, that may bring on a conspicuous change in its level of water. If the level of water gets a lot higher any time you flush the toilet, that may signify a blocked drain that’s in need of immediate attention from capable professionals.

Think about any noises your drains may make. Do you hear any bubbling or babbling sounds at all? If your answer is yes, that may be a sign of a blockage issue. Noise is often a sign of a blockage that people notice before anything else at all. A drain that lacks a pathway that’s unobstructed and clean may have a hard time doing its job well, perhaps unsurprisingly.

Think about drain pressure. It’s no big shocker that blocked drains have the ability to interfere quite significantly with the overall functioning of plumbing systems. That’s one of the reasons that blocked drains often lead to noticeable water pressure drops that may be quite unnerving. Note, though, that decreases in water pressure are definitely not always the result of drains that need unblocking. They can in some situations be a clue to a problem that’s totally different yet no less alarming. A burst water main may be one prominent example.

Conclusion

Learning about drain unblocking can be helpful to people who wish to be familiar with how their plumbing systems work. If you have a blocked drain anywhere in Gillingham, however, it’s definitely best to turn to professional plumbers for service. Calling qualified and seasoned plumbers for unblocking service can often stop drain issues from getting more and more out of hand.

The Significance of Internationalization in Higher Education

Higher Education

Introduction

The world as we know it today is very interconnected. When it comes to higher education, we are aware of its transformative shift towards internationalization. Institutions around the globe are increasingly recognizing the importance of encouraging a diverse and globally engaged learning environment. From promoting cultural exchange to enhancing academic collaboration, internationalization brings forth a myriad of benefits that extend far beyond the confines of traditional educational boundaries.

Cultural Diversity Fosters Global Citizenship

Embracing cultural diversity enriches the educational experience by exposing students to different perspectives, traditions, and ways of thinking. The interactions students have with peers from diverse background helps them develop a broader understanding of global issues and cultivate the skills necessary to thrive in an interconnected world. By promoting cultural empathy and understanding, internationalization cultivates a sense of global citizenship essential for addressing complex global challenges.

Enhanced Academic Excellence

Collaboration between institutions across borders facilitates the exchange of knowledge, expertise, and research resources. International partnerships enable students and faculty to engage in collaborative research projects, joint degree programs, and interdisciplinary initiatives. By tapping into a global network of scholars and researchers, institutions can drive innovation, expand academic horizons.

Global Competence and Employability

In an increasingly globalized job market, employers seek candidates with cross-cultural competence and international experience. Internationalization equips students with the skills and attributes necessary to thrive in diverse professional environments. By studying abroad, participating in international internships, or engaging in cross-cultural activities, students develop intercultural communication skills, adaptability, and a global mindset, enhancing their employability and career prospects.

Promotion of Language Proficiency

Promotion of Language Proficiency

Exposure to different languages is a cornerstone of internationalization efforts in higher education. Proficiency in multiple languages not only facilitates communication and collaboration but also opens doors to a wide range of opportunities in academia, business, and diplomacy. By offering language courses, immersion programs, and language exchange initiatives, institutions play a pivotal role in nurturing multilingualism.

Global Mobility and Exchange

Study abroad programs and student exchange initiatives enable students to immerse themselves in different cultural contexts, broaden their horizons, and gain invaluable life experiences. International mobility fosters personal growth, independence, and resilience while promoting intercultural dialogue and mutual understanding.

Strategic International Partnerships

Collaborative partnerships between institutions, governments, and organizations facilitate knowledge exchange, capacity building, and joint initiatives aimed at addressing global challenges. Strategic alliances enable institutions to leverage each other’s strengths, resources, and expertise to tackle complex issues such as climate change, public health, and social inequality. By fostering cross-border collaboration, internationalization promotes collective action and contributes to the advancement of sustainable development goals.

Cultural Diplomacy and Soft Power

When it comes to High School, I believe it’s a powerful tool for cultural diplomacy and soft power projection on the international stage. Inviting students from all backgrounds, institutions promote people-to-people exchanges, foster goodwill, and build bridges across cultures. Educational exchanges promote mutual understanding and trust, paving the way for enhanced diplomatic relations, economic cooperation, and geopolitical stability.

To Sum it Up

Internationalization in higher education is indispensable in today’s interconnected world. By embracing cultural diversity, encouraging academic collaboration, and promoting global competence, institutions prepare students to face the rapidly changing state of education on a global scale. Through strategic partnerships, international mobility, and cultural diplomacy, institutions offering higher education play a pivotal role in shaping a more inclusive, equitable, and interconnected world.

Teaching Computer Science in Ethiopia

Teaching

I actually started out looking for a position anywhere in Africa, but it’s hard to even begin a search that broad.  So partly by chance I ended up focusing on Ethiopia.  I’m a computer programmer by trade, not a professor, and I was looking for a school where my experience would really add something.  I mean India has plenty of eager computer science students, but it also has a much larger pool of teachers with the relevant skills.  The last thing I wanted to do was end up taking some local teacher’s job.

Ethiopia has a pretty extreme shortage of computer science teachers relative to local demand.  It’s also a country I knew very little about, so coming from Canada I figured I’d learn something about what life was like for people in a very different place.

Well, my boss at a previous company was Ethiopian, but I didn’t use that connection as well as I should have.  I started out looking for an NGO that could help set up the trip.  But I didn’t find much.  CIDA (the Canadian International Development Agency) has a program for young Canadians wanting to work abroad, but it seemed to be aimed more at fresh grads than at more experienced workers like me.  I didn’t find anything like IPP.

Fortunately, this was 2002, not 1992.  I just spent a few weeks searching the Web and sending emails to various random Ethiopian organizations and potential employers.  Most went nowhere, but one guy referred me to an Ethiopian company that ended up hiring me as a software consultant.